Frequently Asked Questions - Pixel Font Maker
- What is the difference between Pixel Font Maker for Segger emWin, for Microchip Library and for Freescale eGUI?
- Can I directly use the fonts converted by Pixel Font Maker?
Questions and Answers:
Q: What is the difference between Pixel Font Maker for Segger emWin, for Microchip Library and for Freescale eGUI?
A: All the basic features and operations are the same: (1) import font, (2) edit the glyphs if necessary, (3) settings before convert, (4) convert font.
But the converted font formats are different:
- Segger emWin fonts are GUI_FONT structure C file (*.c), System Independent Font (*.sif) and External Bitmap Font (*.xbf).
- Microchip Library fonts are FONT_FLASH structure C file (*.c), Intel Hex file (*.hex) and Binary file (*.bin).
- Freescale eGUI fonts are D4D_FONT_DESCRIPTOR structure C file (*.c) and Binary file (*.d4l).
You should choose the relative edition based on the Graphical Library you are using: Segger emWin, Microchip Library or Freescale eGUI.